Ongoing sales training is a process that traditionally is handled by an instructor, face-to-face. This means incurring the expense of an instructor and taking your team off the road in order to instruct them on the latest techniques or new product lines. Drawbacks to this type of sales training include increased travel costs and reduced productivity.
Many businesses work around this issue by scheduling training sessions during a company event such as an annual sales meeting. This is rarely effective as an exhausted, overwhelmed salesperson doesn’t make the ideal student. Training seminars cover a lot of material in a short period of time and weary students often have a hard time digesting all of the information presented.
eLearning has changed the playing field for Managed Services sales training. Advances in technology make it possible for your sales team to train effectively from any geographic location, on a variety of devices, all at their convenience.
Virtual classroom training allows participants to interact with online instructors – often in real time for immediate clarity and feedback. Self-paced video modules offer students the flexibility to study at the most opportune times and re-watch the modules until they have mastered the material.
Here are some of the benefits Managed Services businesses have realized using eLearning to train their sales teams:
• Flexibility – Students have the freedom to study on their own time and at their own pace, with the ability to review concepts as needed.
• Fast Dissemination of Information – eLearning can deliver information in real-time. This is especially helpful for those sales reps on the frontlines who must be up-to-date on the latest product offerings or services. Your sales team can quickly access the information they need at their fingertips so they can answer their prospect’s questions knowledgeably.
• Access Across Device Platforms – Sales reps can access their eLearning accounts through their computers, smartphones or tablets.
• Maximum Attendance, Minimum Cost – Managed Services businesses can maximize participation rates by training sales reps in multiple locations simultaneously. Since students can participate from anywhere, they can participate at a much lower cost than by attending a training course off-site.
• Tracking and Management – Many eLearning solutions offer administrative tools, giving you the benefit of being able to check the progress of your team, look up individual test scores and make sure everyone is on track for success.
Whether it’s through a series of video modules, or virtual instructor-led training in real time, eLearning offers many benefits. It’s a win-win for both your Managed Services business and your team!