Are you getting the traffic you need from your current website? Are you generating business and converting new visitors into leads? If not, then the next question is, how often are you updating your content? You might have a beautiful professionally designed website, including all the right SEO elements, but if you’re not updating your content, then eventually, your traffic will suffer.
It’s important to be regularly updating your content, improving your SEO, developing new landing pages, and if you don’t already, blogging and posting regularly.
Here are five reasons to keep your website maintained and regularly update your content.
- Develop Your Brand to Make the Right Impression – Whether it’s your customers, potential new hires, or prospects, one of the first things they’ll do is visit your website. When they arrive, is the first thing they see a special offer that expired long ago, or that your last blog post was posted three months ago? You have one chance to make a first impression for your business and brand. Be sure to provide current, relevant content. If your website is full of old and outdated information, your prospect will click off and not come back.
- New Content Gives Your Customers a Reason to Come Back Regularly – Providing current, relevant information can foster trust, the most important factor when building relationships with your current customers and new prospects.
- Improve Your SERP Ranking and Drive Traffic – Search engines love keyword-rich, relevant new content. The more often you update your site, the more often search engine crawlers will visit and boost your ranking.
- Protect Your Site By Installing Up-to-date Bug Fixes and Security Patches – If you’re using a CMS, or any web-based software it’s critically important to keep it updated with the latest security. Not doing so leaves you vulnerable to hackers.
- Your Website Should Evolve to Incorporate Current Technology – Technology is constantly evolving. Keeping your site up-to-date allows visitors to always view your content, no matter what device they’re using. For example, is your site mobile-ready? Does it support video? If not, you could be losing business!
The bottom line… updating your website and adding new content on a regular basis will improve your website’s performance, help you get found online, increase your ROI, and help you grow your business! Ask your ARLINGTON representative about our Partner Pro complimentary website assessment or website services for resellers like you!