SEO professionals create and optimize many different types of content including web pages, infographics, images, and of course blog posts, to increase visibility with search engines. However, one often overlooked SEO powerhouse is video.
While 87% of businesses use video, not many focus on its SEO; when used effectively, it can significantly improve your SEO strategy. Let’s take a look at how to optimize video content for search.
Some Numbers to Consider…
Video is a powerful marketing tool. When used properly it can drive more traffic to your website. Consider:
- US adults aged 18-34 spent an average of 105 minutes weekly watching video content in 2018.
- According to Cisco, video content will drive 82% of all internet traffic by 2022.
- 54% of consumers want to see more videos from their favorite brands. They’re much more likely to visit your website after watching a video on YouTube or other social media.
The bottom line… if you want to drive more traffic, and better engage with your audience, video is the way to go. The more video content you create, the more high-quality traffic you can drive.
Video Content Drives Quality Traffic and Improves SEO Results
The key to the effective use of video lies in creating useful, or interesting content that your audience wants and enjoys. Each one should have a strong call-to-action associated with it. They should be optimized for the host platform to ensure proper playback, and all of your videos should align with and enhance your overall content marketing and SEO strategy.
When loading them, make sure to use relevant keywords associated with your video and your business. That means including proper keywords in all titles, tags, descriptions and transcripts.
Video can also help reduce bounce rates and keep visitors on your pages longer. To ensure quality engagement:
- Place them above the fold on your webpage.
- Make sure any embedded videos accurately reflect your brand values.
- Use product videos, testimonials, and informative how-to videos to engage visitors.
Video is not only a great marketing tool but it can also improve SEO. When properly used, it can boost engagement, increase reach and brand awareness, and drive high-quality traffic to your website. Plus, you’ll see an increase in backlinks, and ultimately an improved Google page rank.
If you haven’t already, be sure to add it to your marketing strategy and reap the rewards! If you’d like to learn more, contact your ARLINGTON representative and ask about our Partner Pro website services and website assessment service for resellers like you!