Great salespeople make the job look easy. But the fact is, great sales reps became great by honing their skills over time and working hard to better help their prospects.
If you’re new to sales, it’s important to start with the basics to build the foundation for a lucrative career. Here are some tips to help you do exactly that!
The Keys to Selling
Each element of the sales process can be learned and mastered to improve your skills and close rate. Here are some steps to take that will bring your career to the next level!
- Identify your goals: To grow your sales set realistic, measurable goals – weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Remember, selling is a process: As you move through the steps you’ll learn when to close, when to back off, and when to walk away.
- Identify business pains: A good salesperson will listen and understand their customer’s pains – then offer a solution.
- Measure every step: Goals are not goals if you can’t measure your progress. Every goal and every step should be measurable.
- Sell to the right people: Identifying the decision-makers and the right prospects for your products or services is key.
- Embrace team selling: Working as a team can help you to reach your goals. Embrace team selling.
- Review calls: Work with your manager, and review your calls. Know a rep who excels at closing? Ask to sit in on some of their calls and have them review yours to improve your technique.
- Shadow Your Peers: Learn from reps who have more experience, or different skills than you. You can learn a lot by listening to successful reps.
- Find a Mentor: Pair with an experienced mentor to hone your skills. A good mentor will have found success in their career and has the experience that can help you on your path.
- Ask the Right Questions: Asking the right questions of your manager and peers can help you to grow your skills. Asking the right questions of your prospects can help you close the deal!
Like any other skill, sales can be mastered – but it takes patience and a desire to always keep learning. Are you just starting out in your sales career and want to improve your skills? Ask your ARLINGTON rep about our PartnerPro sales training exclusive to ARLINGTON customers. Our sales training equips today’s imaging salesforce with the tools, tips, and tactics they need to close more deals!