Today’s marketplace is more competitive than ever, and the level of customer service that your business offers can help you to stand apart from the noise. To be successful be sure to lead with your customer service strategy and realize the value of servicing customers throughout the buyer’s journey.
Here are several powerful statistics that demonstrate the importance of prioritizing customer service:
- Research shows 66 percent of buyers consider the level of customer service that they receive from a business to be the biggest spending motivator.
- Approximately 55 percent of consumers are willing to pay more for a product or service if they receive good customer service.
- Businesses that prioritize customer service generate 60 percent higher profits than those that don’t.
Here are 5 best practices for delivering customer service beyond the typical service with a smile:
- Get to know your customers by name. Addressing your customers by their name will personalize the buyer experience and make them feel valued. Showing your appreciation for your customers is important considering that 68 percent of buyers will shop elsewhere if they feel that a business is indifferent towards them.
- Never underestimate the value of a handwritten note. In a world that relies on text messages and email exchanges for sources of communication, sending a handwritten note will help your business to stand out. In addition to sending thank you notes, look for opportunities to use handwritten notes to show your appreciation for your customers throughout the year.
- Offer rewards to encourage your customers to share their feedback. Giving customers incentives such as a small gift card or a discount on their next product or service will encourage them to speak up and share their feedback. Take this feedback to heart to perfect your customer service strategy.
- Support your customers. If your customers own a business, make a point to support them.
- Offer education opportunities. Offering demonstrations or how-to guides for using your products and services will offer value, which will help you to earn their loyalty.
By taking the time to go above and beyond for your customers you’ll not only increase your bottom line, you’ll also create a loyal client base that will keep you in business for the years to come.