In today’s competitive market it’s important to take advantage of every new technique available to improve your sales. Is your team up to date on the latest strategies for generating leads and closing more deals?
Technology has fundamentally changed the way we communicate, generate leads and close sales. To be an effective salesperson and win bids it’s important that your sales team respond to the challenges and keep up to date on new techniques.
Here are five tips to help you close more deals:
- Think Personalization – While automated marketing is a great technique, personalization is the key. We’re all looking for better, faster ways to accomplish our goals and automated marketing is a great example. To really boost it’s effectiveness, always personalize your message, from your first interaction. Customers are looking to build trust relationships with suppliers. Personalize the experience and you’ll close the sale.
- Know Your Competitors – Today the Internet makes it easy to learn about your competition. To be effective you need to know their geography, demographics, and product line. Compare it to your own business in terms of features, functionality, and cost. With this knowledge, you can craft your presentation to better meet your prospects’ needs and have the information you need to frame the conversation.
- Go to Where Your Buyers Are – Today, your buyers are online, on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social sites. Gain knowledge of how to effectively use social media. Find out what sites are popular with your target buyers and get online.
- Show Value – Prospects are more interested in solutions than they are in price. What are the features your product offers? Does it meet their needs? Show how your product offers value by meeting their needs.
- Articulate Your Company’s Mission Vision and Values – Your company’s mission and vision can provide added value. If you stand behind your product, show it with excellent customer service. Make sure your team embodies your business ideals. Keep your sales team well versed in your corporate philosophy and show your prospects your values. Business relationships today are built on trust and transparency.
Technology has changed the way we communicate and do business, but sales still rely on the personal touch. Update your sales tactics, retrain your team, and in return leads will blossom into sales.