In an effort to further enhance the user experience of the Printronix P8000 and TallyGenicom TG6800 line matrix printers, we hereby announce the release of Firmware V4.
Printer Firmware V4 for Printronix P8000 and TallyGenicom TG6800
Applicable Printer Models:
- Printronix P8000 ASCII series
- Printronix P8000H Hanzi series
- Printronix P8000HD OpenPrintTM series
- TallyGenicom TG6800 series
- All OEM P8000 and TG6800 series
Key benefits of the firmware update
- Extends the cartridge ribbon shelf life to 36 months
- Users will experience longer cartridge ribbon shelf life extended from 24 to 36 months from the Date of Manufacture (DOM)
- Prevents ribbon expiration issue
- Improves the ribbon expiration on older printers
- Improves print quality
- Addresses height and resolution issues on barcode printing
- Resolves font appearance issues with Hanzi series
- Enhances user experience
- Includes a permanent page counter to keep track of pages printed (a special feature file required)
- Opening the printer’s virtual panel no longer generates the “Cartridge Not Seated” error
- Resolves update issues when updating from old firmware versions
- Includes all other customer fixes
Frequently Asked Questions
All P8000 and TG6800 series printers manufactured in our Malaysia factory after February 6, 2021 are preloaded with Firmware V4. All P8000 and TG6800 series printers manufactured prior to that date require a firmware update to capitalize on the aforementioned benefits. Printers equipped with Firmware V4 come with serial numbers starting at 8P8V4.
Our authorized service technicians are properly trained to perform the firmware update to ensure there will not be any technical issues.
No, the printer cannot be downgraded to an older firmware version once upgraded to Firmware V4.
The cartridge ribbon is set to expire after 36 months from the Date of Manufacture (DOM). The DOM and the Expiration Date are clearly marked and printed on the cartridge ribbon and the packaging box.
Yes, all existing cartridge ribbons would work after the upgrade, if the cartridge ribbons have not expired.
- Beginning April 19, 2021, all cartridge ribbons manufactured in our Malaysia factory have a 36-month shelf life, from the Date of Manufacture.
- All cartridge ribbons manufactured prior to April 19, 2021 had a 24-month shelf life. The shelf life can be extended by 12 months if the printer is upgraded to Firmware V4.
- Using the front panel: Go to printer menu Diagnostics Software Build
- Using the printer configuration report: Firmware version is shown on line 001
- Using the printer web page: Firmware version is shown on the right panel, under “Printer Status”
- Using PrintNet Enterprise Suite 5.01F: Firmware version is shown at the end of the printer status line
The firmware can be downloaded into the printer via PrintNet Enterprise, Command Prompt, or Windows Driver. The newer version will overwrite the older version.
You can download it again using a different method or interface. If the current firmware is of an older version, the firmware upgrade must be done in sequential order. For example, if your current version is V1.xxx, please download V2.xxx first, followed by V3.xxx and then V4.xxx.
Check if a genuine cartridge is being used. If the problem continues, contact Printronix service team and provide the long printer configuration report, the cartridge date code, the debug capture (if possible) and a description of how the issue occurred so Printronix can help resolve the issue. To ensure a smooth upgrade process, it’s always recommended that the cartridge ribbon in the printer is more than 6 months before the Expiration Date when upgrading the firmware.
Depending on the download method, for most instances it will reset them to factory default. It is recommended to upload the configurations before downloading the firmware so the settings and configurations can be restored quickly after firmware upgrade. This can be done via either PrintNet Enterprise or the printer’s web page.
|Applicable Printer||Error Message||Explanation|
|P8000 / TG6800||CART EXPIRED||Cartridge ribbon has exceeded its expiration date|
|ASCII Series||USED CARTRIDGE||Cartridge is rejected as a duplicate (indicating a counterfeit)|
|V3 COMM ERR||
|CRTG COMM ERR||
|CRTG MISSING||No cartridge is installed (could also indicate a counterfeit is installed)|
|P8000 Hanzi||422: CRTD EXPIRED||Cartridge ribbon has exceeded its expiration date|
|OpenPrint HD Series||423: USED CART||Cartridge is rejected as a duplicate (indicating a counterfeit)|
|422: V3 COMM ERR||
|422: CRTG COMM ERR||
|427: CRTG MISSING||No cartridge is installed (could also indicate a counterfeit is installed)|
Recommended Best Practices
To avoid print disruption and premature cartridge ribbon expiration, we strongly recommend you to adopt the following steps to maximize your print performance and ribbon shelf life.
- Maintain a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) inventory process to allow you to keep your inventory fresh and maximize inventory turns (all ribbons are perishable and should be consumed quickly for best print quality).
- Do not overstock cartridge ribbons. Instead, buy in smaller quantities, more frequently.
- Maintain an optimal storage environment to maximize the shelf life and print quality of the cartridge ribbons.
- Recommended storage temperature: 60° to 80° F (16° to 27° C)